- 1 lb ground beef (Buy the 3-pack, you know, for the savings)
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 tomato
- 1 bag of Happy Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese (sure you could get the “Taco” cheese, but if you’re shopping at ALDI, you’re no going for authentic cuisine in the first place)
- 1 16 oz Happy Farms Sour Cream (buy the big one, you know, for the savings). OR, if you’re on a diet, you could get the Fit N’ Active Sour Cream
- 1 package Casa Mamita’s Flour Tortillas (The big ones), OR you could go hard shell, but you’re risking cutting the roof of your mouth
- 1 Casa Mamita’s Taco Seasoning package
- Jar of Casa Mamita’s Medium Salsa (or Chipotle Lime Salsa if you’re feeling wild)
- Finely chop the romaine heart into small pieces of lettuce. This will save time chewing later when you’re shoving this in your mouth.
- Chop the Tomato as you like
- Brown the ground beef in a frying pan after you spray it with Carlini Canola Cooking Spray*. Wait, did I forget to put that in with the ingredients? Well, you’ll need that too.
- Drain the beef grease down the sink. If your plumber told you not to do that anymore, use the toilet.
- Add Casa Mamita’s Seasoning and 1/3 CUP OF WATER. The instructions are going to tell you to use 2/3 cup of water, but if you do that, you’re gonna have a goddamn slosh pit when you go to eat. In addition, I think they say something about simmering in the seasoning for some ridiculous time period like 15 minutes. Fuck that. Once all the meat is covered in seasoning, you’re good to go.
- Grab a tortilla and slather it in sour cream (You’ll want to do this first to get an even distribution of sour cream).
- Pile the ingredients in any order you please on to the tortilla.
- Eat over the sink.
Suggested Beverage Pairings:
ALDI Folded Mountains Pale Ale (Domestic)
ALDI Monterrey Cerveza (Imported)
ALDI Summit Mountain Frost (For pregnant women, recovering alcoholics and people with stuff to do later)
*This is what I would use if my old lady didn’t make me use avocado oil. Very Bougie.